Thursday, January 31, 2008

100 Things About Me

Once again my friend Kami, challenged us all to come up with 100 things about ourselves. I don't think that I will be able to come up with 100 things, but thought it would be fun to try, so here goes...

1. I get highlights to resemble the color of my hair when I was younger.
2. I used to be smart, but now I feel like my brain is mush!
3. I am scared of the dark.
4. I love to sing, and need to do it more.
5. Crafting stresses me out.
6. I would love to be able to craft without getting stressed.
7. I get stressed, because I want to do things perfectly.
8. I think that I am what you call a discouraged perfectionist.
9. I dislike sales calls!!!!!
10. I cannot watch any movies that are suspenseful.
11. My favorite movie to watch is Pride and Prejudice (the A&E 6 hour version)
12. I wore braces, and wore my retainer for 16 years.
13. I used to love doing laundry. I loved that feeling of all the laundy being done. With 6 people in the family, it has been along time since I have had that feeling.
14. I should be 5'11, but because I have scoliosis, I am only 5'9.
15. I love being a mom.
16. I don't love having a mom body.
17. I do love and am so thankful that everything in my body works!
18. I have never tried lobster. (am I missing out?)
19. I love onions! Lucky Dave!
20. I have a genetic defect.
21. It is, that I am missing a tooth. I had a baby tooth, with no permanent tooth underneath it.
22. When I was growing up, I lived in the same house my whole life.
23. I have 5 sisters and 2 brothers.
24. I am the youngest in my family.
25. I played Volleyball all four years of high school, but rarely play anymore.
26. I was on the swim team in college.
27. I have a mole that needs to be removed.
28. I like to cook, now that I have a nice sized kitchen.
29. I miss thrifty's ice cream. Chocolate malted crunch--soo good! Do they have thifty's ice cream here?
30. I love spicey food!
31. I could live off of chips and salsa.
32. I do not like to be alone at night.--see number 3
33. If I could pick a non-existing carrier, it would be a package decorator. You know, like packages you mail. I would love to decorate them.
34. I have rescued the princess many times on Super Mario Brothers.
35. I am double jointed in both of my thumbs.
36. I want to live in a beach house at La Jolla Shores, in San Diego.
37. I do not like winter! It is way to long!
38. I am not organized.
39. When I was a young I was a Safety Kid!
40. I have choked on a hot dog.
41. I have had the heimlich manouevour performed on me.
42. I did not spell that right.
43. I do not like to leave a project unfinished.
44. I do not start many projects because I can't stop until they are finished.
45. I love to collect recipes, but rarely use them.
46. I love clever people, because I can copy them. (giving them the credit of course)
47. I get nervous whenever I have to talk in front of anyone.
48. Tio Leo's is my favorite Mexican Food Restaurant.
49. I love McDonald's fries.
50. I do not have a green thumb.
51. I read all of the Harry Potter books in 2 months.
52. My favorite place for alone time is in the bathtub.
53. I love going to Padre games. (for those of you who don't know-that's San Diego's pro baseball team)
54. I love being from San Diego.
55. I miss San Diego during these cold winter months.
56. I love watching the sunset.
57. I have 22 nieces and nephews.
58. I am having babies at the same time as some of my nieces and nephews, making me a Great Aunt.
59. I would do anything for anyone in my family!
60. I have the best parents.
61. I love to go shopping.
62. Sometimes, I go to stores and put stuff in the cart and then walk out. I do this when I can't buy anything, but still need that feeling of getting something. Pathetic, I know. p.s. I leave the stuff inside the store. 62a. I have never stolen anything : )
63. I wish that I could make friends easier.
64. My first kiss, we bumped teeth. Ouch and EEEWWW. (that was NOT with Dave)
65. My first kiss with Dave was really nice! (under the mistletoe--cheezy, but NICE)
66. I take a dance class, even though I am not a good dancer.
67. I can do the splits.
68. I love to color in coloring books.
69. One of my favorite things about Christmas, is getting Christmas cards. Thanks to all of you who send them to me, they make me soooo happy!
70. I love Ranch dressing, everything is better with Ranch : )
71. I really enjoy Cafe Rio's Salads.
72. I used to have a clean house. I don't anymore.
73. I had a nervous breakdown in my college art class. I only had two classes left, and we had a project to do, I looked at it, and mentally could not handle it I stood up, crumpled my paper, threw it away and walked out, never to return, thus getting a failing grade. That is my biggest regret in my college career. I have to blame it on the fact that I was planning my wedding, and just could not handle anything!
74. I play the piano, "but very ill indeed" line from my favorite movie-check number 11.
75. I tried to learn how to play the guitar. Not so much!
76. I love that Dave is more crafty than me.
77. I love to watch American Idol--does that make me a geek?
78. I drink Spinach shakes almost every morning.
79. I want to be a college student for the rest of my life. I love to learn.
80. Dave paints my toe nails for me.
81. I like to have short finger nails.
82. I do not like to wear high heels. My dad says that's why I don't have shapely legs.
83. I have a freckle smack dab in the middle of my nose.
84. I don't like being pregnant, but I love feeling the baby move. (sorry, but I just felt the baby kick me)
85. I have a hard time making decisions. Especially when other people are involved.
86. I feel safest at the beach.
87. The mountains are beautiful, but they scare me. There are animals that can eat you!
88. I have a pair of roller derby roller skates, and can only skate if I am holding on to a stroller. I still have almost fallen several times.
89. I guess I am not very coordinated.
90. I love jumping on our trampoline. soooo fun!
91. I don't collect anything.
92. I love being LDS (you know, Mormon :D)
93. My favorite calling in the church was primary chorister--so fun!
94. I love playing games, I think boggle is my favorite-- no one will play with me, cuz I am dang good!
95. Someday, I would love to travel all around the world.
96. I have a tape of me singing "God Bless America" when I was two years old!
97. I pluck my eyebrows--and hate every minute of it!
98. I really want a swimming pool in my backyard.
99. I am addicted to blogging, and get my feelings hurt when people don't leave comments-hee hee.
100. I can't get rid of my Donny and Marie barbie dolls, and records. I will always be a fan.

That only took me hours! But man was that fun! Thanks Kami, for the challenge. Anybody else up for it?

21 comments:

Rachel said...

Man this makes me MISS YOU SO MUCH! You're so fun! I have one more to add . . .

#101-I played Barbies all hours of the night right up until I left on my mission.

kami @ nobiggie.net said...

I am glad you played! Don't worry, it took me hours too.
I agree with #'s 2,4,8,31,77,92 and 95.
#18 Lobster is way too boingy, so you are not missing out. Do you like crab legs? Similar flavor but a lot better texture.
#62 I think that is called shop lifting(teasing).
#64 LOL Funny and akward!

Not quite Utards said...

Karen,
I had a lot of fun reading 100 things about you. To answer a few...#18 - I've tried lobster. I thought it was virtually tastless, so I would say you are not missing much...especially for the price you pay. #29 - Many of the Rite Aids here used to be Thrifty and they DO have the same ice cream--chocolate malted crunch! =) Amen to #10, #36, #50, #52, #54, #55, #71, #74, #84 and #94. (Ha, now you have to go back and look at what you wrote for each of those with all the extra time you have on your hands now that you aren't spending it on thinking them up!)

Anonymous said...

Hi Karen! I second Kami's crab legs recommendation! MMMMMM! So you like spicy food? Ever tried that Thai restaurant in AF on main st.? Deeeeeelish! Keeping with the topic of food, you've gotten me hooked on spinach smoothies. I've told my sisters about them and after their initial "Gross!" I described it to them and now I may be converting one of them too. (She's the health nut-personal trainer...my other 2 sisters couldn't quite get past the word spinach.) I love ya Karen. You are one great gal!!

Hannah Jones said...

That was so fun to read! You're so funny!
And yes- I tagged you!! :)

miller family said...

i love this post and getting to know you better. you have an amazing voice, you should sing more often. and, i went to a padres came once - i saw tony gwynn play. it was awesome! (i do LOVE baseball, but i am a braves fan - sorry:)
you are amazing! talk to you soon.

Elizabeth said...

I loved reading more about you! I want to hear about the spinach smoothie.

Moreau's said...

Okay, to clarify #62... I laughed so hard after I read Kami's comment, and then I went back and read #62, it totally sounded like I walk out with the stuff in the cart! Which would really be pathetic! hee hee! I leave the cart in the store with all the merchandise! #102-I have never stolen anything in my life! : ) :D ; )

Lindsey Bunjes said...

alright babe, if we ever find a Thrifty's we have to go together because i love chocolate malted crunch too, we have mario cart so you have to come play and my dave paints my toes too!

The Five that Jive said...

Ok--while I was reading this...the funniest song ever was playing!! I don't think I've ever heard a funnier song...it kept saying, "I'm just too white and nerdy, I'm just too white and nerdy." I literally cannot stop laughing!! It was fun to get to know you better...while I was laughing my end off! You're hilarious!!
Lindsey J

Mary said...

It was fun to get to know more about you. I agree about the beach and Thrifty's ice cream. Oh, and we totally have to get together and have a Donny Osmond party. I have been totally obsessed with him since I was about 12. My mom took me to a concert he did in Orange County and I used to go to the tv tapings for the most recent Donny and Marie show all the time! I even recorded the show that they did in Oprah recently. Oh man, I'm glad to have found another Donny fan.

7 Baldwin's said...

OK- I didn't read all of them but you are such a funny gal! The ones I read were hilarious! And about the store- I totally understood- I have days like that all the time! I second Ashlee- we love us some spinach smoothies at our house too!

Jamma said...

Karen... it was really fun reading about you. I thought I knew everthing about you being your oldest sister....but I learned a lot of new things.....like #62...(Funny because I have done the same thing!!) #73...Here's #102 I have a sister who is old enough to be my mother...she is 18 years older that me. She is old and she loves me!!!

Jamma said...

Christine says...if you send me a carne asada burrito from Cafe Rio I'll send you chips from Tio Leo's Deal!!!

Meghan said...

Fun to read about you! I, too have that genetic defect except I am missing 5 permanent teeth. That is practically a handicap! That's like five fingers. I'm like missing a whole hand. I just hope my kids have all their teeth. I also love Thrifty Ice cream. I remember when you could get three scoops on a cone for 30 cents!

Lynette Callister said...

That was so cool. Fun stuff, your too much fun, thanks for sharing!

Unknown said...

How fun was that! Thanks for sharing all of your deepest secrets with us! Now, just hope we don't use some of them against you!

Burrows: places of retreat; shelter or refuge. said...

I am an American Idol freek (I have been to a couple of the American Idol On Tour concerts) and wish that I could still do the splits!
I think you need to post your recipe for spinach shakes because I'm not the only one who wants it.

Bugger said...

ok I too also enjoy your blog your hilarious. And I don't know why you say you don't make friends, cause you have tons... I love ya. I agree with #62 and I have done that as well and also done that and walked out of the store. We had to go back in and return the stuff funny.. I blamed it on Braeley that is if she didn't make me lose my mind... I too need that recipe. I love that you are so cute with your blog and are still doing it even though your using a mac. Keep it up.
katie

Scott and Megan said...

what a blast!! karen that was awesome! You are such a fun person and I love knowing more about you!!! xoxo

The Five that Jive said...

Ok--I really want that spinach recipe...was it just spinach, orange juice and fruit? Bad Memory!
Please post!! hehehe
Lindsey J