Saturday, January 12, 2008

I'm it!

I have been tagged, for the first time by my friend Wendy! So here goes...
A. The rules of the game are posted at the beginning.
B. Each player answers the questions about themselves.
C. At the end of the post, the player then tags 5 people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know that they have been tagged and asking them to read your blog.

10 years ago (Jan 1998) I was on my honeymoon, Mammoth Mountain.

5 things on my to-do list today
1. Get dressed
2. Steam Clean the girls room carpet
3. Clean my bathroom
4. Read my Sunday School, and Relief Society lessons
5. Get all the kids clothes ready for tomorrow

snacks I enjoy:
1. Tortilla Chips and Salsa
2. Cheese
3. Unsalted Almonds
4. Toast with Peanut Butter and bananas
5. Any yummy fruit

things I would do if I were a billionaire:
1. Pay off all debt
2. Travel
3. Pay off every family members mortgages
4. Go shopping for clothes weekly
5. Live in a beach house in San Diego

3 of my bad habits:
1. I am a procrastinator
2. I can be lazy a lot of the time
3. Blogging

5 places I have lived:
1. Santee, CA
2. Salt Lake City, UT
3. Atlanta, GA
4. El Cajon, CA
5. Saratoga Springs, UT
(I had to resort to my mission to get five places--sad)

5 jobs I have had- in no particular order:
1. Grossmont High School, as a teacher's aid. Dave was a Campus Security guy, and he would come in every once in a while and tell me to go home, because of a bomb scare, or a student with a gun on campus.
2. I worked at Marshall Scotties, as a lifeguard. It was a fun Summer Job.
3. Borgerding, Peterson, et al- I was a receptionist for a law firm. The only thing good about that job, was that I got to work with my Stake President. It was great to be around him every day!
4. Brunshwig & Fils-- a high end interior design store. We had clients like Jenny Craig. The couches were over $10,000. I was a sample librarian. Designers would come in and check out swatches from me. It was a fun job. I wish that I would have paid attention more. The valances that I have hanging up in my house are from some free material that I got from there.
5. Alpha & Omega. This was a financial planning business. I was an administrative assistant (really I was just a glorified receptionist, that had to type letters) to the president of the company. This was the most dysfunctional office that I ever worked in, but was a huge laugh!

5 things people don't know about me:
1. I was crossing State St. in Salt Lake during morning traffic, right in front of the Church office building. I was wearing a wrap skirt, and strong breeze came along and took my skirt with it! Yikes!
2. When I was little, my brother-whenever he would see me-- would tell me to go sit on the toilet. I would run down the hall and sit on the toilet and cry, and cry until someone would come rescue me!
3. Jeffrey R. Holland hit me in the face with a newspaper--lovingly of course!
4. I have only broken one bone in my body. It was my right wrist. I broke it in the third grade by hitting a cute boy on the bum and then turning around to see his reaction. I tripped over my feet, and fell on my bum, putting my hands down to brake my fall, and by so doing broke my wrist. good times
5. I have a school athletic record. I am the least competitive in my family. I have siblings that are true athletes. I on the other hand played sports for fun. I think it is funny that after 15 years, I still have this record hanging up on the gym wall. It is for volleyball, I served 14 aces in a game. The score was 15-0. I served all 15 points. I give all credit to the other team. It was lucky for me, they all deceided to take a nap when it was my turn to serve. hee hee

5 comments:

kami @ nobiggie.net said...

Blogging is so not a bad habit! It is how I stay in touch with my naked on the bottom see ya later wrap skirt friend! :)

Anonymous said...

Hehehehe...I love it! Especially the story of how you broke your wrist. It sounds like something that would happen to me. My "good" ideas have often backfired on me as well!

Kelli said...

Karen - what are you talking about? Alpha & Omega was a dream job! ;) Fun to read your blog!!

7 Baldwin's said...

I love your stories! Especially the wrap skirt one!!! Awesome!

Wendy said...

That was so fun to read. Thanks for humoring me and doing that. I'm just so impressed that you had cleaning and reading your church lessons on your to-do list. That makes me look so lazy.