Sunday, January 27, 2008

Praise to the Man



Tonight our Prophet Gordon B. Hinckley has gone home to his Heavenly Father. He was 97 years old. I know that he was a prophet of God. He worked so hard! And was such a good example to all of us. When I was a missionary he came and spoke to us at 5 a.m. in the Tabernacle. I was so tired, and here this great man was alert and vibrant. I was so impressed with his stamina, especially because he had just come off of one of his many world tours. He really lived by one of his most famous quotes, "Forget yourself and go to Work". I feel so blessed that I have had his influence in my life. We are all blessed to have known him, and to have been led by him.
We thank Thee oh God for a prophet to guide us in these latter days.

1 comments:

Jamma said...

Thanks Karen for the great tribute to a wonderful man...Our Prophet. I never met him personally, but I always felt like he was my friend and he loved me. I loved to hear him speak...his words were the words of the Lord, and I always tried to adhere to his teachings and counsel. What a great blessing to have a living Prophet to guide our lives. I know that he is happy...reunited with his sweetheart. I can just see him smiling as she greeted him. What a glorious reunion. He truly was a great man!! Love you ....Diane