Wednesday, January 9, 2008

10 YEARS and ETERNITY to go!


This is our engagement photo. Taken in November of 97.

Well today is the day! 10 years ago Dave and I were married in the San Diego Temple. It was almost exactly this time 10 years ago that I was looking into the eyes of my best friend, thinking I will get to be with this guy for the rest of my life. The guy who makes everything fun, even a trip to Wal Mart. The guy who gives THE BEST hugs! The guy who is such a great listener, that everyone would talk to him about everything! The guy who is so excited to go on a mission when our kids are all grown up. I was so excited that nothing could spoil this special day!

It is funny to think back to the time when Dave and I met. What is funny is that we grew up in the same Stake. For several years we were attending church in the same building, where our ward would overlap. I was friends with most of the youth in his ward. I knew Dave's brother, and nephews because they were in my ward. I knew his mom because I sang for her in a Young Women's presentation. I even knew his Dad. I went on an ASB exchange at the high school where he taught, and I attended his class. But I did not know Dave even exsisted growing up. It was like the Lord kept us apart on purpose, so that we could meet at just the right time. Our story began in the SINGLES WARD. hee hee! That is where we met, and became fast friends. The entire ward would hang out all the time. Dave and I paired off about 2 months before his mission. He left in January, and 6 months later I left on mine, and we wrote the entire 2 years. We both got home about the same time, and we dated for 1 year and then got married.

We got married Jan. 9, 1998. It was the year of the El Nino, so it was pouring down rain. I love the rain! The day was perfect, the reception was like a huge reunion. Because it was raining, everyone came and stayed! I felt so loved that day.
Today, 10 years later, as I look out the window it is snowing hard, I love to watch the snow! And I still feel so loved. Dave Moreau makes me feel so loved everyday! He does so much for me and the kids.

Speaking of kids, Dave and I were talking and we figured out that I have either been pregnant or nursing 7 out of the 10 years of marriage. I told him thanks for putting up with all my hormone induced melt downs, and lately, my inability to function, due to nasty morning, afternoon, and evening sickness. Last night the kids and I were watching the Brady Bunch and I said that I needed an Alice. Dave was in the kitchen cooking dinner, and he said you have an Alice, it's me. Lately that is so true, he cooks, he cleans up, he bathes the kids, and puts them to bed! Thanks so much Dave for being my Alice! You are the best! I am so glad that we have eternity to be eachother's helper! I LOVE you!

14 comments:

Moreau's said...

Sorry the picture is so small, that is the best I could find of how we looked 10 years ago that was on my computer!

HeaddaMarie said...

You guys are soo cute!!! Congrats on 10 years!!! We absolutely love you guys and are so glad that you moved up here and are friends with my sister so that we could meet you and become friends too!!

Meghan said...

I'm so happy for you guys! Such a cute couple, with beautiful children. I hope you feel better soon.

Elizabeth said...

Cute! Congratulations on 10 years!

kami @ nobiggie.net said...

Congrats on 10! That is awesome!

Dave you make a cute Alice! :)

Mike and Jackie said...

Congrats!! I am so glad you two are married.


mikeandjackiew have invited you to the "guess that Mii" contest. Click the link to particiate!

Anonymous said...

Yay! Congratulations! 10 years! Wow, that's a milestone. Also, I love how positive you are, expecially about the rain on your wedding day. It rained on our wedding day too, but I can't say I was quite as positive about it!

The Five that Jive said...

Congratulations on 10 years!! That was such a beautiful tribute to your awesome husband...isn't it fun to reflect on the time spent together and how much you truly appreciate your spouse?! It sounds like you've been REALLY sick...you poor thing...please let me know if you need me to be your ALICE one of these days!!
Lindsey J

Scott and Megan said...

what the ??? we have been home from our missions that long???? well that's a kick in the crotch...wow I feel old! Adorable engagement photo! xoxo

KarliSue said...

10 Years that is crazy!! Dave is so lucky to have you. You are so amazing!! I just better be invited to your 50th wedding anniversary. Now that will be a PARTY!!!

Lynette Callister said...

10 years is awesome! You two are awesome, dude. Thanks for choosing the house across the street.
"Dave's your Alice... lol..."
I love it.

marialuigi said...

Congratulations! I remember teaching you two in Missionary Prep in the old Santee Branch just like it was yesterday...Ahhhh...the memories! So sweet.

I'm so PROUD of you two! (Cheesey? Maybe...but SO true.)

Celebrate!

AND...your little family is gorgeous...happiness is clearly the theme of your lives.

(Oh...I don't know how my comment ID will come up, but this is Maria (Derby) Sager)

Sue said...

Are you kidding me!!!! 10 years - I am definitely not that old.
Congratulations!

Andrea said...

just have to say that it is fun to be able to read your blog and see what is going on in the lives of long time family friends. . .thanks for sharing.