Friday, September 11, 2009

Never Forget!



I was laying in my bed when the phone rang. I looked at the clock and it was before 7 a.m. Dave had already left for work. I thought maybe it was him. When I said hello, my father-in-law said, "are you watching the news? Our country is under attack." I turned on the news and saw that the first plane had already crashed. I then saw the second plane go into the tower. I could not believe that this was happening on our nations soil. I never thought that we would be attacked here. That day will forever live in my mind.

Where were you when the towers fell?

3 comments:

J♥M said...

I happened to watch it all go down in a waiting room with lots of people glued to the tv up at Primary Children's Medical Center. (Cardiology Department) Kamarie was a new baby with a hole in her heart. They did tell me that day that it had closed finally, but those images on the screen that day left a hole in my heart that will never close!
GOD BLESS AMERICA!

Aubs said...

Cam & I had only been married a couple of weeks. We were living in his parents basement apartment until our basement apartment in Alpine would be ready. Cam's mom came down & woke us up to tell us what happened & to come watch the tv. It was horrifying to watch.
Hey I went to volleyball last night. I missed seeing you there. I should have called to see if you were going to come. Nest week hopefully. It was some good ball.You're the best!

spideybrian said...

I know it's a bit late, but 15 years ago on September 11th I was at the hospital as my 1st nephew was born!!! What a beautiful baby!! 10 years ago on September 11th I was calling up my sister and congratulating her on her second baby. 8 years ago I was driving to Citrus College wondering how I could be going to class when so many people would be without their loved ones from then on...but now I like to think of the bdays in my life on that day, as a way to think we can overcome such tragedy.