Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Consequence Jar say WHAT?



You might be asking why is there a picture of an empty peanut butter jar? I am going to turn this into a Consequence Jar. My kids are good, don't get me wrong, but the fact is that they are kids, and well, sometimes they misbehave. My friend Andrea started the consequence jar a while ago, and she loves it. So, I am going to give it a try.

This is how it goes down. When your kids are naughty, after you teach them why what they are doing is not appropriate, you send them to the consequence jar. They get to reach in and pick something out of the jar. Andrea fills it with stuff that she does not enjoy doing, like cleaning the toilets, or wiping off the cupboards. I love this idea!

I need some suggestions! What would you put in your consequence jar?

9 comments:

J♥M said...

How about they give their momma a foot rub, paint her toenails...
I hope it works for you!

Stephanie said...

I love this idea, I may have to steal it. Def. would be scub the toilet and the bath!

Ashlee said...

Great idea! How about weeding, wiping down cupboards/table/counters, picking up 10 items and putting them away, saying 10 hail mary's ... JK!

7packofbearss said...

Cameron is my major offender around here. Maybe I could just leave the peanut butter in the jar for him to reach into. I wouldn't have to think of any other consequence. Just kidding.
I like to make my kids scrub floor board since I hate doing it myself. Let me know how it works!

Emily Widdison said...

great idea:
I love the weed pulling idea...or the foot rub:)

Olsen's said...

Oh sister..I totally have some great ideas. If you want to use this idea too, just give me a call! I can go over with you what I have in there, and you can go from there...

Aceves Family said...

I do this---but they owe me an extra job...it took a while for me to set it up but I put them on 3x5 cards and put how to do the job written out on the back...I love it I have everything from cleaning certain windows to scrubbing trash cans and walls (little 10 min jobs)...love it! I found that I could only take so many privilages away...so I needed something else too.

Adams said...

You don't know me but I was looking online for some consequence jar ideas.....thank you! I took most of the ideas that your friends wrote down.

Anonymous said...

Clean the doorknobs downstairs. Clean the doorknobs upstairs. Clean up dishes for sibling for two days.
Choosing one favorite toy to lose for the day.
Sweeping (we have a small broom and pan just for little hands)