Monday, April 21, 2008

Mama Monday!



My niece Rach posted this picture on their family blog. This is a picture of my mom, holding Cristian, one of her precious great grand-babies. I love this picture and love my mom so much. I think Mondays should be dedicated to moms. I know that not everyone is a mother yet, but we have all been influenced by so many women, and by our mothers.

My mom is an example of enduring well to the end. She has had Parkinson's Disease (google this if you don't know what it is) for 29 years. She has suffered so much, and is in constant pain, but she still serves, and makes people happy. When we go to church with them, there is a line of people that wait to give her a hug and a kiss and feel of her powerful spirit. There is a young lady in that ward that has Cystic Fibrosis, she wrote an essay on people who inspire her, and my mom was one that she paid tribute too. My mom has such an incredible ability to give love to all! She is one of my heros! I want to try and work on enduring well this week. I know that there are people in our lives that inspire us to be better. I want to challenge you all to think about those examples in your life and think about how we can all endure well.

I will try to not complain, and to reach out to someone else this week who is in need.

What will you do this week to endure well?

3 comments:

kami @ nobiggie.net said...

What a sweet picture of your mom. I didn't know that about her. What a great example she is to all of us.

I too will try to reach out to others.

Scott and Megan said...

my attempt to endure to the end (of the day) will be to get out of bed and go to work and then come home and go back to bed...you know my recent chaos, so i will be proud that I can stay up all night and all day and never leave a hospital!!! sheesh! Thanks for the inspiration...

Wendy said...

Your mom sounds like she's such a wonderful lady. Thanks for sharing.