Friday, October 10, 2008

Friday Flashback





We used to live in The Carlton County Club Villas. Sounds nicer than it is. These were Government subsidized apartments. We were really blessed to have lived there, since our rent was based off of our income. So when Dave was in school, we didn't have to stress too much about money. Anywho, I found these pictures of Lauren and David outside the apartment. David had put himself in this carseat, he wanted a chair just like his sister. He was eating a Klondike bar, thus the messy face. He used to do this cheesy grin where his eyes would basically disappear. Lauren is posing with Katie, a little girl that we used to babysit. She looks thrilled. Daycare is hard. It's hard to share all your toys, and it's hard to share you mom. We did the whole daycare thing for four years and I will NEVER do it again because I am running my own personal daycare with my five kids! :)

4 comments:

Hannah Jones said...

I've said it before: your kids are ADORABLE!!!
I love Flashback Friday's!

Rachel said...

I seriously remember this like it was yesterday...where does the time go?

It was so fun to live so close to each other. We're jipped now!

J♥M said...

I love your daycare! :)
Not too many moms really let their kids into shaving cream let alone smear it all over their precious table that they're still making payments on! LOL! You're so happy and I love how you do "FLASHBACK FRIDAY's"! You truly are a HAPPY mom! Cheers to you Karen!

elshmobelsh said...

I like being a fly on your wall. I agree, the feel of shaving cream between your fingers as you smear it all over is almost as good as the the sand in your toes. Today all I really wanted to do paint with my feet. Sometimes I wish someone would get art projects out for me to do. ;o)

My hats off to you for the 4 years of day care. I had three extra kids this week for a total of 5 and all I can say is tonight I have a headache. I don't know how you did it fo 4 years. It is just not the same when they are not your own.

And thanks so much for posting that video about prop 8. There is a lot of the same type of debating going on here in MD. There is a proposed law that wants to make the discussion of gays in the classroom manditory any time a "traditional marriage" is mentioned and to make all public locker rooms and bathrooms open to "transgender" individuals. So basically anyone can claim to be transgender and go into any lockerroom or bathroom they want. It makes me scared to raise children in this world. I just have to have faith the Lord didn't send us here to fail and we have to fight "for our cause, it is just."