Tuesday, July 8, 2008

wEEk twO



It seems that all this little girl does is sleep, sleep and sleep. I tell the kids that it is exhausting being a baby. And that growing bigger takes alot of work. This week Lillian has found her dark side. She has a super intense cry. She sounds like she is in horrific pain, yet when I pick her up she stops immediately. I don't mind that she wants to be held all the time, cause that is all I want to do. I love holding her and looking at her. She is so fun. Sometimes when I am watching her sleep, she smiles and laughs. I can't help but wonder what or who she is dreaming about. I like to think of her dreaming of her Poppie, or her Uncle Rick, and her time in heaven with them. What else does a newborn have to think about, or dream about? So I like to hold her as she is dreaming of heaven, it's the closest I can get to those who have passed on, those I miss and love. This reminds me of a song from "My turn on Earth" called "Angel Lullaby". It goes a little something like this...

You came from a land where all was light
To a world half day and a world half night
To guard you by day you have my love
And to guard you by night your friends from above.

Chorus
So sleep, sleep, till the darkness ends
Guarded by your angel friends
So sleep, sleep, till the darkness ends
Guarded by your angel friends

There is one standing softly by your bed
And another sits close with a hand on your head
There is one at the window watching for the dawn
And one waits to wake you when the night is done

Repeat Chorus

We are so blessed to have a knowledge of what happens when we die, and to know that life does not end, that there are angel friends to help watch over and protect us. I am so thankful that I have the opportunity to watch this little one, who just left that world, and to feel of her closeness with Heaven.

2 comments:

Lindsey Bunjes said...

Reading this post has brought tears to my eyes. I had no idea that anyone else knew that song. I can remember my sister singing it to me all my life and it is my favorite to sing to Evelynn now. It means so much to me and I am so happy to hear that it means something to you too!

Brett and Amy said...

My sister and I used to sing that song while playing the piano. I love it- it's one of the few I can still play without sheet music.