Friday, July 25, 2008

Blessing in San Diego-July 13, 2008

We drove down to San Diego on July 12, Lillian's one month celebration. All I can say is that a new mom should not travel anywhere where you have any one who has expectations. I was still not on any schedule, and it took me forever to get ready to go anywhere.

We had quite an eventful trip, starting with a rat running a muck, and ending with a beautiful wedding. What an adventure!

The blessing was on July 13th in the West Hills Ward. That was our old ward, and all of our family, except Dave's mom and my nephew and his family are in that ward. So we thought it would be convenient to bless the baby there. Dave gave a lovely blessing, simple and sweet. One of my favorite things he said was that he asked the Lord to bless her with happiness. To smile, and laugh. He also blessed her to love her siblings. I am thankful for the priesthood, and for each one of you who stood in the circle to help with the blessing. It was so worth traveling almost 800 miles, to see you all standing up there! We love you all!


Here we are with my parents aka Grandpa and Grandma Hutchings. We are so glad that we were able to make the trip down to San Diego so that my parents could meet little Lillian Jane. (grandchild #27)

This is us with Dave's mom, aka Grammy Moreau. We are so thankful that she was able to come up when Lillian was born, and help with the other kids. That was such a huge relief to us! We are also so happy that she was able to witness the blessing of her eleventh grandbaby!

Our family picture. Five kids! I think that I am still in shock! Life is crazy, but so cool!

The men who helped give her a blessing, Steven Schimpf,my sister Lillian's son who is going on a mission to Knoxville Tennessee, Andrew Moreau, Dave's brother Kevin's son who is going on a mission to Boise Idaho, Kevin Moreau, Dave's brother, Dave, Richard Hutchings, my dad, and Larry Hartpence, my sister Diane's husband. (Kevin Schimpf, my sister Lillian's son also helped but he had to leave early)

The group shot, I just noticed poor Aunt Donna holding both West and Kathren. She is turbo woman! Thanks to all who came to support us!

Steven and Andrew wanted to take a picture because this was the first baby blessing that they participated in! I thought that was so cute! These men are going to make such great missionaries! They are so tender hearted and loving! We are so glad that they were able to help out! We love you both, and can't wait to see you before you report to the MTC!

1 comments:

Rachel said...

I love your family! I wish I could have been there for the blessing, but I'm so happy I was able to see you guys! You have such a sweet, beautiful family!

Andrew's coming to BOISE!!! YA HOO! We'll have to have him over for dinner!